I currently reside in
beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada San Francisco, California.
I was a Senior Software Developer for Atimi Software Inc, doing Macintosh and Windows development, and I am currently freelancing doing ASP.NET and iOS (iPhone/iPad) app development. My current day job is as a
Senior Software Developer at Nitobi Inc. (news flash: Adobe buys Nitobi, October 2011) Senior Computer Scientist at Adobe Systems Inc. I have fifteen years of software development experience — and my work for Atimi involved contract work for clients who are household names, and because of NDA reasons I am not allowed to divulge who they are. Suffice to say that I am extremely proud of the work I have done for my clients, and there is a very good chance that you might be using software that I have contributed to! My work for Nitobi has been pretty public – from work for Microsoft, to work for O’Reilly.
See my photos on Flickr – alas I sold my SLR a couple of years ago, so hardly any new pictures lately.
I was born in Singapore – I migrated to British Columbia, Canada, in 1989. I had the benefit of the best education systems in both countries. I was a student at Raffles Institution, Singapore’s renowned all-boys top secondary school, and I continued to ace my academic classes in British Columbia’s best high school and continued on to the renowned Computer Systems Technology program at the British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT) and the Computer Science program at the University of British Columbia (UBC).
Interesting things of note:
- My StockTicker game (as part of a group project) is being used by the Alberta Securities and Exchange Commission in their educational programs.
- I wrote the original treatise on How To Write An Indiana Jones Movie
- Some of my Java code has been used in:
- There is a Shazron Hotel in Blackpool, UK (no relation of course)
- I am male (a lot of people can’t really tell from my name)
- I believe that Mac and PC can, and should co-exist peacefully
Shazron Abdullah, July 2012